Social Media

Tuesday 14 February 2017

How to || customise



I had searched every website looking for a plain top with a lace or ruffled neckline so when I wore a jumper it would just peak through but I was at a loss, either not in my size or just completely the wrong thing.

So today I took matters in to my own hands and went to Dunelm for supplies;


What do I need you ask?
  1. Cute scissors obviously needed them ;) 
  2. Lace 
  3. Needles 
  4. Pins
  5. Cotton
I bought the jumper from Zara, it has a split up either side with ruffles you can get it here I thought it was perfect as it only needed a slight adjustment.  I didn't use the pearl buttons but I have other ideas for those stay tuned.  I'm loving all those feminine details on most things these days it just adds that extra wee touch, I feel it makes the difference between dressy and casual.

Doing this little customisation only cost the guts of £10 and far cheaper than going out and buying a top in the first place, i'll be thinking twice in the future.




Here was the finished article, my mother in law helped me with the sewing if I'm being honest as I am the worst at crafts, good at coming up with said idea but not actually doing the things ha ha please tell me I'm not the only one? If anyone is thinking of buying this jumper its honestly the nicest material ever so soft and will be great for spring or when it gets slightly warmer as its only a thin knit.

Zoe x





Share:

1 comment

  1. Love this idea, it looks so cute :) I will have to give this a try!

    Rachael xx.
    theteacozykitchen.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

© A little bit of life | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig