Social Media

Monday 6 February 2017

Make up brush adaptions


When I asked on Instagram who would like to see this blog post I wasn't actually sure if anyone 
would even comment or want to see how I adapted my make up brushes but wow I was so blown away with the response.

I first lost my mobility in my right arm when I was five and as a child you are so much more resilient to adaption and much quicker to recover, being right handed I had to change my whole way of doing things and to be honest I cant even remember how but somehow I did, now fast forward 16 years 4 months before I was due to get married I lost the movement in my left arm and trust me this felt like the worst time of my life, I thought how the dickens am I ever going to get over this? the answer was time, re learning how to do things and your other half suffering your tantrums of frustration and always being there at your side no matter what, trying his best to do your make up even though he grew up with one brother and had no idea from eyeliner to eyebrow pomade.

Make up was a real passion of mine and it was completely took away from me, I didn't use any of it for months no eye shadow, no liner nothing! then we came up with the brain wave of masking taping all my make up brushes to long items, rummaging through the whole house trying to find things that would 'do' not glamorous in the slightest but I was finally able to do it my self again, but boy was I wrong, trying to do eyeliner on a stick longer than your arm was a living nightmare took months of practicing and crying haha (sound like such a diva) 5 years on I can finally say I think I've mastered the eyeliner and nearly eye brows now wohoo! The only thing this whole experience has taught me is to be patient, I have so much get up and go in me but I'm trapped in my own body which frustrates the living hell out of me! 


What you'll need;

-Masking tape, plenty of it! 
- make up brushes
- long sticks
 and lastly 
patience 


Lots of Love
Zoe


Find me here Instagram // Facebook












Share:

15 comments

  1. Well done Zoe!! As I said, you are an inspiration and really are the proof that where there's a will there's a way!! You are an amazing person thank you for sharing this and you always ALWAYS look amazing 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hannah, thank you ever so much for your kind words! you are honestly one of the best xx

      Delete
  2. You're a total inspiration huni. You're makeup is flawless and you always look gorge
    Ali

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was such an interesting post to read, well done! Just shows you what you can do when you put your mind to it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Siobhán, really appreciate your kind words xx

      Delete
  4. This is so inspiring! Love the fact that you just decided to work round it - and you clearly have some skill!!
    Katie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Katie, ha I dont know about that, more like desperation to look half decent lol

      Delete
  5. Such a good idea! I love how you just came up with a practical solution! So inspiring!

    Rachael xx.
    theteacozykitchen.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're amazing Zoe, this is genius xx siobhan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done Zoe. Thanks for sharing. You are fabulous. Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. My darling girl.... just read this. You ARE amazing! You MUST write that book. You have so much to say that needs to be heard . Your insight and your courage and your indomitable spirit are completely inspirational!! Do it! Xx

    ReplyDelete

© A little bit of life | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig