Social Media

Sunday 29 January 2017

Equal Opportunities?

All my life I've had my difficulties and I've always been able to overcome them whether it be doing my make up or brushing my teeth but one thing I can never seem to overcome is becoming employed.
The amount of set backs and looks up and down's I've had as if 'oh you'll not be able to do this job your disabled' is frightening! this week started with an exciting new job and ended without one? I was told I was unable to fulfil the duties of this particular role? I had worked all week, got on really well and believe that it was because the job agency hadn't communicated my disability  I was told that employers are open to equal opportunities to all kinds of people including the disabled but where are these jobs?

We live in a day and age where equal opportunities is discussed so much, when companies advertise it and the government promotes it but yet of all it must be a rare thing to come by as i'm struggling to be given any opportunity. I may be limited with my mobility but theres a girl with a brain behind that with a lot of determination!

I don't think employers should be allowed to judge your capabilities when you alone should be the only judge, at the end of the day you know your self what your capable of don't let people just assumee that!  It makes me look like I'm unfriendly and unapproachable when in fact I'm the total opposite, I don't want people to think I'm out of a job because I'm not a team player when infact couldn't be any further from truth. I was always brought up to treat people how I would want to be treated, so in he-insight if I was born able bodied I would still treat every single person the same, everyone deserves that no matter what.


Its a good job I'm made of tough stuff or i'd probably of given up by now, if your going through a tough time whether its been 1 month or 6 months or even a year don't give up no matter what as I believe in good things happening to those who wait. All being said, I do find it hard at the time and have a good cry but heres how I deal with the knock backs.



How to cope with knock backs
  • Have a good cry
  • Plenty of ice cream
  • Support - talk things over with people as you can start to see the wood from the trees.
  • Retail therapy ( 1 million pound please to shop at Zara)
  • Fresh air
  • Busy your self with different things so your mind focuses else where
I hope these few things help you if you are going through something similar. Staying positive can be so tricky but get up show up and do your thing!

Thank you so much for reading
Lots of love 
Zoe 










Share:

8 comments

  1. LOVE THIS!! You are so positive and amazing! You were treated very poorly but have come out the other side with a great mindset! I definitely need to be a bit more like this :) I let things get me down far too easily!

    Rachael xx.
    theteacozykitchen.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachael, I do too, it so so easy to let hate in to your heart, just keep chucking along we will get there in the end xx

      Delete
  2. Love this post! Zoe you are so strong.
    It's so sad you were treated this way, better things will come your way. You have a great blog, maybe this will bring some exciting opportunities for you. Wishing so much luck you lovely lady. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your positive attitude towards everything. I'm sure there's an exciting opportunity just around the corner for you! I work in recruitment and I find it so hard to accept that anybody could judge you on your disability but those people obviously don't deserve to have you working for them! Hope your next interview goes well! Home.at.number35 xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I dont know if I'm feeling so positive now, thank you so much for your kind words, they are so appreciated xxx

      Delete
  4. I dont know if I'm feeling so positive now, thank you so much for your kind words, they are so appreciated xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aly thank you so much for your comment, ha ha I think you should carve me out a job, I just got news I didnt get the job I had the interview for, starting to think maybe its me with the problem. xxx

    ReplyDelete

© A little bit of life | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig