Social Media

Tuesday 17 January 2017

The 'perfect' foundation


Everyone has their own vision of what the perfect foundation is, skin varies from dry to combination to oily throughout the year for most people but then you get people like me who has continuous extreme dry skin that gets to the point were it actually nearly bleeds.

The challenge was accepted and the hunt was on.

Nars Sheer Glow

I used Nars sheer glow for absolutely ages and it to me before my skin got quite dry was just perfect, as my skin started to dry a little bit more I could still get away with it for another couple of months and then it got to the point were It was just a nightmare to get off and it just clung to dry areas. If you
are thinking of purchasing it, go for it, it has the most beautiful finish and leaves your skin glowing,
not disco ball glowing but just a really lovely natural glow. Love the packaging, though  no pump included but that never was an issue for me, you can buy them from space nk or Nars themselves.

I wear the shade - Deuville


- No SPF (great for flash photography)
- Satin matte finish
- Medium to full coverage ( I don't always need concealer)
- Suits normal and dry skin types
20 shades, mostly yellow-toned

Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk

As I walked around Heathrow T5 I was on the lookout for a new foundation as the Nars sheer glow was no longer suited to my skin type, I'm sure mike was absolutely scunnered walking around scouring every make up counter, I had always heard good things about Giorgio Armani Luminous silk foundation and I thought hmm I do have time to try it as our flight isnt for another hour?

The make up artist did apply it on me and it was ok but I still bought it like an idiot.  This foundation in my opinion is for perfect skin, with no blemishes or marks. It clung to every patch of dry skin and didn't look well in any light. 

The packaging is quite lux and heavy comes with a pump which is a bonus, so no messy hands or spillages.

I wear the shade - 4

- No SPF
- Silky and lightweight
- Light and perhaps slightly build-able
- Suits normal skin types
- 21 shades 



Mac Studio Fix Fluid

Years ago in my teens I used Mac Studio Fix Fluid in the shade nc 15 and I was like a ghost who ever thought that was a good look? well when your 15 you think your make up is the bomb and you have make up skills coming out of your ears, well that was far from the truth ha ha! from then I always steered clear and used others, but again as I was browsing waiting for a flight ( I left Mike sipping a lemsip, so dangerous shopping on my own, no restrain) I wanted to try strobe cream any way so I thought you know what I'm in the market for a new foundation i'll give it ago.

Well to my surprise I used it and I was wowed, people kept asking me 'what foundation are you wearing' 'your glowing' now bearing in mind my skin is horribly dry never in a million years think it would be ok over the top of such skin types.

It also brought back memories because of the scent, smells slightly like clay which I have no problems with, blends lovely with the strobe cream, slightly easier I would say.

Packaging is lovely as a foundation bottle can be, I love the fact the lid is rubberised so its easy to keep a firm grip, no pump but again not an issue.

I think I've found my new favourite.
I wear the shade - Nw 20

- A natural matte finish
- Medium - full coverage
- Extremely long wearing
- SPF 15 (though still looks ok photographed)
- 38 shades ( NC + NW something to match everyone)



Thanks for reading 

Zoe



Find me here Instagram // Facebook









Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© A little bit of life | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig