Social Media

Friday 26 May 2017

My haircare routine - washing & styling




Ive had blonde hair for the last 6 years and its hard to maintain but by far the best colour to compliment my skin tone.  I always get asked what products I use so I thought I would throw them all in to a blog post and you can see how I achieve my grey locks.

What haircare products do you use?

I dont use a lot of products, though I do use two shampoos and a mask and it can just get a bit time consuming but so worth it for the end result.

  • Simple gentle care shampoo - Honestly does what it says on the 'tin' so gentle and very cleansing, more so than any shampoo I've used before.
  • Fudge Clean Blonde Violet Toning Shampoo - Hands down the most amazing toning shampoo I've used and I've used loads, one use and you will see such a massive difference, quite a lot of toning shampoos foam and then lose the purple tone but this shampoo stays purple throughout the whole washing process.
  • L'oreal Paris Elvive Full Restore 5 Masque - I've used my fair share of hair masks over the years and much prefer a mask over a conditioner, much more intense and I find leaves your hair in better condition, I have always went back to this one as I can get it whilst shopping in Tesco and I find it works great but I would love to try new ones if you have any recommendations.


As I cant wash or style my own hair Mike is such a great help to me, he washes, washes again puts a mask in and leaves that for like 5 minutes then we dry and straighten and it could take up to 2 hours as I've got such long hair.  

We wash first with the Simple shampoo then wash that out and use like a palm full of the purple shampoo and we leave that in for around 2 - 5 minutes, then its mask time and it usually stays in for 5 minutes or as soon as I start to get uncomfortable. 

What do I use to style 


I dont use much to style my hair I use the Tigi shine spray and its amazing couldn't recommend that enough - then Mike just dries it and then either straightens or curls it with my GHD's

So pretty fuss free nothing to faffy, blonde hair is high maintenance and I think its so important to use products to keep it looking healthy and protect it.

If your local my hairdresser is Deirdre Mccosh in Martinstown and she is a miracle worker! 


ZOE  X






Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© A little bit of life | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig