Social Media

Friday 13 March 2015

New York | Very Late Honeymoon

Hello my Loves, Way last January my husband and I decided to finally book our flights  to go to new York, bearing in mind we had to wait nearly the whole year to go as we booked to go on the 22nd of November, but on the plus side it gave us plenty of time to save our pennies,  I started to look at hotels that were pretty central and we found the Roosevelt hotel just of 5th Avenue we thought it was a perfect location, for us anyway. I didn't take any pictures of the front of this hotel or its amazing lobby, SOBS! it was like something out of a movie. The first day we arrived we were pretty tired to say the least and a bit out of it, we went and explored 5th avenue and we spied the lindt shop!!!! trust me it needs that many explanation marks, that shop was just heaven, we decided to just buy half the shop and go back to our hotel as it was late and we had just got off a 7 an half our flight from Dublin.
On the way back to our Hotel we stopped by Starbucks, Why don't we do Starbucks like the Americans :(
On the second day we decided to get up early and go to the Top Of The Rock, Wow Wow Wow!!! what an amazing view from up there, so many people had told us to go there instead of the empire state it deffinatly didn't disappoint.

After seeing the incredible sights we went down stairs and had a bite to eat which I do believe was also a Starbucks, Then all the crazy shopping began!!!! I couldn't wait to get in to J crew and Anthropology and mike was excited about the massive LEGO shop. The first couple of days were great weather wise not to cold, sun was shinning but the good weather soon turned very very cold and wet.The day we had planned to go to see the Statue of Liberty was the best day ever the sun was shining wasn't too cold and it was a lovely walk all down through Manhattan, we didn't bother getting the hop on hop off bus, We just walked, It seemed to go on forever but we finally made it. I think you would only need to see it once  I think if we went back to New York which we will soon ( I hope) we would go do other things

We Dandered all the way back up to our hotel which was like 50 blocks away, tired and cold and felt like I was nearly ready for bed ha ha, we were nearly back to our hotel when I spied bath and body works, I had to go in and buy something didn't I? :P I bought a candle and a few hand sanitisers but to be honest i wasn't that blown away with the candle the scent was very poor.

That evening we had a walk over to Bryant Park
which became one of our favourite places to go to at night, we had mulled apple juice with cinnamon and veggie sushi which was sooo unbelievably tasty after we had consumed some very nice food we walked on down to Times Square which was mad if you cans say that, but we both loved the atmosphere and just how incredibly busy it was.

We went back to our hotel to rest up for the next day of shopping, in the morning when we had woke mike always went to the nearest Starbucks and got us a bagel and a coffee and we both sat and ate it while we got ready to go out, this day was very special to me as we were on the hunt for my Chanel wallet on chain I was ecstatic!! we walked in to Bloomingdales totally amazed by the sheer size of the building, we had a look in  Louis Vuitton and Fendi but then I spied the shop I really wanted to go in, we waited a while in the Que waiting to be seen, then all of a sudden it was our turn and I was asking the SA if they had any Wallet on chains? me? I felt like I was on another planet well I was about to blow half our budget in one day. To my delight they had two in stock a Beautiful BOY wallet on chain but it wasn't what I wanted, then she produced a charcoal version of the one I did want and  wasn't sure at the start but mike insisted that it would be perfect and would go with so many outfits, so i took the plunge and finally bought my first Chanel handbag eek!


As you can see we did a little more shopping up stairs in Bloomingdales :o My sister wanted UGG slippers and I promise this wasn't all for me! 

AGAIN we walked back to our Hotel to drop off some of these bags and to rest up as we were going to see Wicked that evening, but on the way I spied my 5th or 6th J crew and of course I had to go in, I bought a Shirt and a Jumper and I wore the shirt that evening when which i might add was sooo incredible the singing was just out of this world and if you get the chance to go see it,definitely go :)






We were so hungry after Wicked we shamelessly went to Mcdonalds and ordered a large chip, well that was a mistake the chips came and were twice the size of my head!oops

We hailed a cab and went to the Hotel and fell asleep, well after about a million Lindt balls.

We woke up on our last day and we ordered waffles and fruit compote and just everything we fancied, best decision ever! was delicious, This was Thanksgiving and we couldn't wait to see the parade, it was amazing to be there to see it, so much effort goes in to something like that and brings everyone together which was so lovely.






What i loved :
Henri Bendal
Starbucks- hot chocoate every day WIN!
Central Park - Was such a Breathe of fresh air walking through here, litterally it was freezing!!!
Sephora- I was in here almost everyday, I think I bought half of the stock, I loved the one in the mall right beside Central park it was my favourite was never too crowded or busy was just perfect
How friendly the people were, it made our holiday
And lastly the Lindt shop, peanut butter were honestly the best iv ever tasted


What I disliked :
The high curbs
How crazy the taxi drivers were, we did get used to this though :)
Horse and carriage rides broke my heart! those poor horses!


Thank you for Reading


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© A little bit of life | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig